Your website is your most important marketing tool!
Your website is your most important marketing tool because as a B2B business, you want to generate leads!
AND … You can’t do any form of digital marketing without it – because it’s the hub of all your marketing.
Let’s look at the Client Magnet System Map
The Client Magnet System is the complete model for uniting and aligning Sales and Marketing and creating an Outbound and Inbound client acquisition engine in your business that attracts more leads, boosts sales and energizes your growth.
And this is the map that gives you a front-end alignment and gets Sales and Marketing working together, moving in the same direction!
And that kick starts a new level of growth that accelerates over time, driving more and more revenue.
The best part, it is easy to use and understand.
There’s 4 layers, or stages: Tools, Traffic, Client Acquisition, and Post-Sale. We’ll go over all of it in consecutive videos, but in this video we are discussing the website, in the Tools layer, on the marketing side of the map.
Remember, there are a lot of tools you might use when marketing, but the tools layer represents the most important, essential tools you must have to make the system work.
So … what, why and how is a website your most important marketing tool? And why is it the hub of all your marketing?
There’s four reasons:
- Analytics – You can track and measure your visitors behaviors using analytics tools. Know how many people are visiting your site, where they’ve come from and which pages they find the most interesting.
- Brand and Message – It’s the home of your brand and message. You can quickly change the messages on your website and identify those that resonate with your ideal clients. You can create special sections, pages and products for different niches and targets and deliver tailored messages to each group that answer their unique challenges.
- Content Marketing – It houses all of your content that’s been designed to attract and interest your target market and educate them on your offerings. It’s your blog and your product pages and your direct marketing pages.
- Funnels – Your funnels are built with landing Pages, lead magnets, and CTA’s – These are required to generate leads. The process goes like this:
- Tempt ideal clients with a lead magnet that helps them answer or solve a problem they are having.
- Get them to the landing page where you give them a call to action to download the guide, video, or whatever
- They fill out a form and exchange their contact information for your guide or other information
- You have a lead – you can market to over and over again for free, reach out to and, hopefully sell.
This is why your website is so important. You can’t really market without one.
And it’s also why real marketers don’t like cheap website builders. It’s hard to create and promote content on them and it’s hard to make landing pages and tie them to your other tools.
And speaking of other tools you might want to add to your website to kick it up a notch.
These are what I call B2B Website Enhancing Tools … for short
- Live Chat / Bots – Companies like Intercom have taken live chat on a website to a new level and make it easy to connect sales with live visitors to your website.
- Exit Intent Pop-Ups – These tools do several things, but essentially they display a message on screen when you try to hit the back button in your browser. You could offer a discount, ask again for them to sign up to your newsletter, or just beg for them to engage with you somehow. This strategy works. Every website that uses exit intent software generates more leads.
- Heatmaps – Heatmaps record your site visitors interacting with your website. This allows you to see where they clicked and what they saw so you can make adjustments on your website and make sure they are seeing the promotions, lead magnets and other items you want them to click on.
- Visitor tracking software – Tools like Leadfeeder can do a reverse IP lookup of your site visitors and tell you who is visiting your site. If it’s a company, they give you their contact information and the pages they visited so you can reach out and try to open a dialog with them.
Adding these tools to your website makes it even more powerful!
So do you see now why your website is so important and powerful and necessary?
Like I said, … break it down, break it all down … you want to generate leads don’t you?
That’s why you need a website! Not a cheap, basic, $10 a month, worthless, website.
A real, marketing asset, powerful, full-featured website!
You need one!
Plus there’s much more you can do with your website, but we’ll save that for the next video.
I’ll see you there!
Want to learn more about the Client Magnet System?
Check out our QuickGuide that goes over the entire Client Magnet System and gives you an overview of how you can align Sales and Marketing and achieve exponential growth.
Or, want to go even deeper? Then check out our webinar on-demand, that goes into how we 5x’d our business with the Client Magnet System, where it came from, how it all works and why it works so well.